Monday, September 27, 2010

Why 25 wasn't so bad after all...

Well, like it or not, it happened. I turned the big 2-5. A quarter of a century. Halfway to 50. 5 years from thirty. No longer a young adult, but feeling way to young to be considered middle aged.
I'll be honest, there was some dread as yesterday approached. I began to wonder how young is too young to start lying about your age? Has it come to this? Have I finally reached that age when you would rather everyone forget your birthday than throw you a party?
When yesterday came, however, I slowly began to realize that I didn't have any more wrinkles than I had at 24. I still have no gray hair. I still listen to "hit music" rather than oldies and my panties do not have holes, nor do they come up to my belly button. Sure, I didn't gain any fun "rights" like driving, or voting, or going to rated-R movies, but none of those were as amazing as they were cracked up to being anyway (okay, except for maybe driving).
So, instead of griping about my age, instead I can be excited, becuase I had a pretty amazing day yesterday with some of my favorite people. And here's how it went:
I woke up to Chris and Benton bringing me breakfast in bed (blueberry pancakes, toast, and eggs over-easy, if you were wondering)
Next we went to church (message was GREAT, btw) and came home to watch the cheifs game (who won in my honor) and had lunch and hang out time with one of my favorite couples: Matt and Quinn.
My sister and EJ came over later in the afternoon and we had chocolate chocolate chip cake (recipe coming soon, per Megan's request ;)).
I also got some presents, which were pretty great. Here are a few of them.
In addition to all that, my husband did laundry and dishes so that I could relax all day. It was just a wonderful day all around, I felt very special and loved.
Here's to being 25!

3 comments:

  1. YAY!! I feel honored to have been mentioned in your post. :) I'm glad you were born 25 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great day... and you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete