Sunday, May 15, 2011

Jeska family update

Sorry I haven't posted a while, life get's crazy when you are "living" in two states at the same time!

Benton and I (and Isaac!) got to spend 8 days last week in OKC with Chris, and it was by far the most wonderful 8 days I've had in a long time. It was so great to just enjoy being together as a family again, and I LOVED having Chris get home from work every day almost 2 hours earlier than he used to! We spent lots of time at the lake, the library, and feeding the ducks in the neighborhood pond.

Everyone is asking how Chris is doing with his classes and I am so PROUD to say that he's doing GREAT! He just finished his first class with flying colors and only has 2 more "module" (classes) until he gets to come home in August. On every test he scored the class average or better (always an A) and had no problems with the final exam either.
He's very cautiously optomistic, on the day of his final for his first class he heard of a few students in the class ahead of them who were on their last day of the final module that failed the very last final exam and were sent packing. He said these were good students who had done well on all previous exams and, unfortunatly had just enough slip ups on the final to be told they no longer had a job! HOW SCARY! On the other hand, his teachers have told him that they think he will do great and get through OKC training just fine becuase he is such a hard working student. I know he can and will succeed. Like I said, I am just SO PROUD of him!

Benton is doing great too, I think we are going to start potty training round two in a couple weeks...eek! Not so excited about that, but looking forward to having that stage behind us. I LOVE seeing all the new things he's picked up in the last few months, such as coming to me to give me a big hug and a kiss out of the blue (without me even asking!), singing "Deep and Wide" (with the motions!) and saying "EWWW" when he has a dirty diper (can we say "time for potty training?")

As for me, I had a really rough patch in the weeks leading up to and following Easter, but I've been doing a little better since we went to OKC. It helps knowing we are already one month down. I've started casually looking at various adoption websites and blogs. While making that decision will not be anything that happens anytime soon (we are still going to try testing/treatments starting in August before we give up on getting pregnant again) it is already starting to intimidate me to think of all the things (including $20,000+ in costs) that go into that. If any of you know of any good resources send them my way!

Well, thats life for us in a (rather large) nutshell. Still wishing on a star and praying for some miracles!

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys! Love you three! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that Chris is doing well. Keep your chin up. By the way...I know it's not immediate, but there are websites that have financial aid for adoption. I would have to look them up again, but it if comes to that, please don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to help.

    ReplyDelete