Friday, December 14, 2012

Dealing

Wow. Sigh. Wow.
I don't know how to process what happened today, I don't know where to start. I feel like I owe it to myself to write this post so I can, at least in some shape, work though my thoughts.
Shortly after hearing the news I looked in the eyes of my 3 year old son and began to weep. How? Why? It makes me want to scream and vomit at the same time. It makes me want to lock my doors and never leave my children's sides. Our hearts are heavy and our heads are spinning as we greave for the families in CT tonight.
There are questions that will never be answered but my trust remains in a God who bears all our burdens and hears all our prayers. Even in these dark hours I see that glimmer of light. With Christmas so close, I can find peace in His promises, even as I fear for the future of my boys.

Innocent babies are being cradled by the loving arms of angels tonight, and they will never again shed a tear or feel pain. May our hearts remember that this world is not our home, this story is not the end. May all of us who have children waiting for us in Heaven remember that the Christmas story is the beginning of the reason we will one day hold them in our arms again.

No comments:

Post a Comment