Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Rainy morning

Early this morning Benton came running into my room crying. Even small rainstorms have always been a bit scary for him.
"Mommy, why does the rain and thunder have to come to our house?"
"The rain has to come so new things can grow," was the only answer I could come up with in my dazed, still half asleep state. Then it hit me, the simplicity of the analogy that I've heard a million times. It's old and cliche but to me today, in this weather, it was beautiful. It was the reminder I needed.
The past few weeks have felt a little grey and cloudy. The past few days my spirit has felt weary, like it was left out in a cold rain. I'm reminded this morning of God's promises of new mercies, and the beauty of his blessings through trials.
Can you sense the new things about to grow? I think I can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment