Saturday, February 5, 2011

Ode to Chris

In honor of my wonderful husband's 26th birthday today, I've come up with 26 reasons I think he's the greatest man I've ever met...in my LIFE!

1. He makes me smile every single day.
2. He eats my cooking, even when it's not very good.
3. He has a beautiful smile (when he keeps his silly mustache shaven so I can see it :) )
4. He loves Benton as much as I do.
5. He likes my friends, and I like his.
6. When he looses bets, he keeps up his end of the bargin (Can we say 'no cleaning the bathroom or vacuuming for me for a while month,' LUUURVE IT!)
7. He works hard for the things he wants.
8. He teaches me things about myself.
9. He's a bit of a hopeless romantic, just like me.
10. He makes homemade bread (FROM SCRATCH!)...how many of you can say that about your husbands???
11. He loves God, a lot.
12. He makes sure things are done EXACTLY right when following directions, and as a result the things he builds for us are very sturdy.
13. He doesn't make me watch action movies (or any other lame boy movies)
14. He's (sometimes a little over-) protective of me.
15. He shovels other peoples driveways even when the weather is freezing and we want him to come inside and drink hot cocoa with us.
16. He LOVES to dance!
17. He has a pretty great family...which gives me an even bigger pretty great family.
18. He has never once forgotten to kiss me goodnight.
19. He puts up with my mood swings, my music, my chick flicks, and my shopping sprees.
20. He has a huge heart for every living thing.
21. He likes the JAYHAWKS!
22. He's actually a really good cook, when he wants to be!
23. He listens to me.
24. He likes jigsaw puzzles.
25. He's cute :)
26. He loves me for me, despite all my flaws and imperfections. And I love him for him.
Next time you see him, give him a "Happy Birthday" hug, cause I think he's pretty awesome and deserves it :)

2 comments: