Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tax season

Have I ever told you how much I LOVE tax season. Every year I get that W..something in the mail and start planning what I'm going to buy with the big return that year. This year was no different. I filled out one of those tax estimators online and imagine my disappointment when the dumb thing told me I was going to OWE $800. Big bummer. I took all my tax docs to my wonderful mother, who made me promise I wouldn't let it ruin my weekend if we got bad news, and she worked them up for me right there on the spot. And guess what? We are once again getting close to $2000 back! So, in true form, I've already started planning all the things I want to do with that  $2000 (which I'm sure will go faster than I want it to.)
Here are a few things on my list:

Photobucket
Buy all the goodies I need for Benton's 2nd Birthday party, including some of these custom decorations from  WH Hostess. Also, buy the train tickets, cake, and put our deposit on the cabin in Branson for his birthday weekend.


Redecorate Bentons room with, you guessed it, trains! He is SO in love with Thomas and all things trains right now, I can't help myself! Also, its time for some  new furniture including a big bed since he keeps climbing out of his crib, oy vey!

Picture of Seven Piece Rectangular Butterfly Leaf Table Set



And maybe set some money aside for a new one of these tables to put on those new floors we worked so hard on all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment