Friday, April 13, 2012

Baby update- week 28!!

How far along: 28 weeks (and one day). Third trimester already, I am in disbelief.
Total Weight Gain: 13 pounds...although I feel like its 25
Stretchmarks: Starting to notice them a lot more on the top of my belly. I don't think they are "new," just more prominent.
Sleep: I'm finally starting to not sleep as well...waking up every few hours for a potty break and reposition
Best Moment This Week: Getting the room painted! I am loving how the nursery is coming together, I've been spending a lot of time lately rocking in my new rocker (thanks mom!!!) just feeling him kick and imagining what it will be like to finally hold him.
Movement: Tons and tons of movement. Even when he is kicking straight down and it hurst like...a lot, I love the little reminders that he's right here and all mine for a little bit longer.
Gender: Still very much a boy
Labor Signs: I had some cramping/contractions last weekend but they are gone now and I'm back to praying he stays nice and cozy in there until July 4th.
Belly Button: Innie
What I Miss: Being able to sit comforably...and breathe normally. I'm really starting to run out of room and we have a long ways to grow!
What I am Looking Forward to: My baby shower next weekend! I'm so blessed.
Milestones: Baby is 2 lbs and 10 oz according to yesterdays ultrasound, and measuring just a little ahead of where he should be. Since my antibody screen came back positive earlier in the pregnancy, I'm starting to have ultrasounds and dr appointments every week now so we can keep a closer eye on the little man. I'm dreading having to go so often but thankful that I have a dr this time around who is very effecient (I rarely wait more than 5 minutes to be seen) and also that I'll get LOTS of extra views of him.
Here's a pictures of (approx) what hes looking like these days:
Baby, fetus at 28 weeks - BabyCenter
In other news: Benton's 3rd birthday is on Saturday. I think I might die. When did my baby grow up?? I'm looking forward to spending the next two days spoiling him rotten, and will post about it soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment