Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday to my sweet baby boy!!

Okay, so I'm FINALLY posting, about 2 and a half weeks late, and update from all the April goings on, primarily revolving around my little man turning 3. I still am not ready to accept that he's growing up, that he's a year away from preschool, that every day he needs me a little less.
Two was an amazing year, watching all the changes as Benton learned to play harder, speak clearer, and really show a personality (which, by the way, I am in love with). We spent his actual birthday in Wichita so he could swim at the hotel and ride all the "roll toasters" (roller coasters) at a little carnival-esque amusement park call "All Star Sports."
The real party was a week later. Everyone keeps asking me how it went and I cannot seem to emphasize enough how totally happy I was with everything. I have never in my life seen Benton smile more than I have that day (and believe me, he smiles a lot!) So many friends showed up celebrate with him too, which was fun.

I think his favorite part was this moment, when all eyes were on him singing "Happy Birthday."
Oh my goodness, I love this boy!
Three is sure to be an exciting year, I can't wait to see Benton grow more, and watch as he transforms from only child to big brother. I am truly blessed.

1 comment: