Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Half Birthday Benton!!!!

Wow! Has it really been 18 months since I held this tiny baby in my hands, with tears in my eyes, realized my life had just been changed forever? It has! And what an 18 months it's been.
Let's see, I've probably changed somewhere in the neighborhood of 2370  diapers, washed around 1642 bottles/sippy cups, said 547 bedtime prayers, and given countless kisses and cuddles.
And what do I have to show for it all? The most amazing little boy I could ever wish for!
So, here's a little bit about what my 1 1/2 year old has been up to lately:
Benton is just a little (23 lbs, is that really little??) guy, measuring in at just under 10 percentile for his age in both height and weight. But what he lacks in size he makes up for in personality. I have a little jokester on my hands, who LOVES to make people laugh. His most recent method: tickling. He even says "tickle, tickle, tickle" when he does it! So cute! He is also quite the little music man. He LOVES to dance anytime he hears music in any form come on. Just this week, daddy and Benton made up a new "dance" while I was at work, it is so cute to watch them do it together!
Benton is a very good eater: his favorite foods are chicken (of any kind), green beans, and french fries. And before meals, Benton always folds his hands to pray, usually before we even remind him. He also really enjoys his bathtime. So much, in fact, that he gets really mad when anyone, including the dogs, is getting a bath or shower, and he's not! His favorite toys lately have been his fire truck, which he is finally big enough to ride around on his own, and his jack-in-the-box. But more than any of his toys, Benton loves his books. He is constantly bringing me books and climbing up into my lap for me to read them to him. Those are my favorite moments.
Benton has a big heart. He loves to give kisses, and has his own little way of saying "I love you" in sign language.
There is so much that I love about my little man, every month brings new things to cherish. I'm not ready for him to be a "big boy" but I am loving watching him grow up.
Benton William Jeska, I LOVE YOU! :)


1 comment:

  1. You are so stinkin' cute! I'm glad I got to see you both on his half birthday! ;) Love watching your little man grow up. :D

    ReplyDelete