Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy {Belated} Birthday, Benton!

I can't believe I'm the mother of a two year old! It makes me feel so...old! Benton had a WONDERFUL birthday and birthday party weekend, I'll post about that once I get the pictures on here. For now, here's what's been going on with Benton now that he's two:

Benton is ALL boy, through and through. He is definatly a little ornery (he get's that from his grandpas :) ), but mostly he LOVES to be silly. He has this deep belly laugh that melts my heart, it is just so sweet! Benton's favorite food these days is: cereal! I think he'd eat it every meal if I'd let him. The upside is that he's getting to be really good with grown up utensils.
Benton is learning new words almost daily it seems like. Most of them are what I lovingly like to call "Benton-isms," such as "Mimi" for Thomas the train, "Wee" for park/slide, and "Dee" for cookie. I have no clue how he comes up with them (well, I get the wee one) but I'm learning his language and trying to teach him ours. He knows all of his body parts and most of the animals. He really is a smart kid.
Benton's favorite toys are his Thomas trains, but Thomas books, movies, his Thomas tent, etc all come in at a close second. He also loves Buzz Lightyear a lot. My favorite thing is when Benton comes to me and gives me a big hug and kiss, without me even asking. It is the sweetest thing!
Benton is still a little small for his age, but I'm in no hurry for him to get big. Small is just fine with mommy! Most of his teeth are in and he LOVES to brush them with his Cars toothbrush.
Benton is loving getting to hang out with his Uncle "I" (as Benton calls him) while Chris is gone, but his face really lights up every time he hears his daddy on the phone or gets to talk to him on Skype. I can tell he misses him.
I adore every ounce of two year old Benton, and seeing him grow every day is the best part of being a mom.

1 comment: