Monday, April 11, 2011

I left my heart in Oklahoma

Well, here we are: the first day of Chris living in Oklahoma and me being here. Last night, while I was doing some packing to head home and Chris was getting ready for his first full day of class I was doing great. I was pretty sure that he would be the one to really have trouble because he kept saying "It's going to be so weird coming home to an empty apartment." I kept reminding him of how much he can get done and enjoy quiet time, something that I now simply dream about. This morning as I was driving home, I kept thinking of how quick the next 4 months was going to go, and how I was looking forward to this weekend when we will see each other in Branson for Benton's 2nd birthday party (AHHH, I have so much to do still!!!) Mostly I was just feeling excited about everything.
Then I got home. Waterworks. It's just me and little B. For four months. How am I going to do this? How am I going to keep a "normal routine" for my two year old with all the craziness? How am I going to stay sane? And my house? Yikes, it's bound to soon become a dump.
The only upside right at this second? It's the 11th, which means we only have 3 months and 30 days to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment