Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My partial facebook fast

Dear fellow facebookers:
While I seem addicted to loging on to facebook with you 3, 4, *cough* 27 *cough* times a day, I've decided enough is enough when it comes to this self destructive behavior. I'm breaking up with you, our facebook relationship must come to a close. It's not you, it's me. Maybe we can still see each other from time to time as friends.
Love,
Me

Okay, so I'm not totally giving up facebook altogether. I may still post a status from time to time, and I'll log on every so often if someone sends a message or an invite. Mostly I'm giving up the news feed, primarily because just about every time I log in it loves to flood me with reminders of how about 95% of my friends are pregnant and I'm still not. I know, I can't live in a bubble. But I also don't need to torture myself very time I have nothing better to do than see what every acquaintance I've ever known has been up to lately. So, I may be out of the loop next time you ask me if I heard the latest news or saw so-and-so's latest status. But I think this will be a good thing for me. Until I have some good news of my own, or I'm better at dealing with things,  you'll just have to tell me in person what you think of the weather or how your lunch with your mom was.

No comments:

Post a Comment