Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bad Dogs!

Dear dog owner at 545 S Woodson Ln:
Your dog's suck. And right now I kinda feel like you do too.
Sincerely,
Mitsy's mom

I really want to go post that note on her door RIGHT NOW, but my inner conscience is (fortunately) winning the argument.
After I woke up this afternoon, I was going to take Mitsy (our 4 year old puggle) for a nice little stroll along the path behind our townhouses. We were almost to the end of path so I decided to turn around and start heading back the other direction. Just as we were getting going (it can take dogs a while to get turned around ;) ) I look up just in time to see a woman letting her two dogs out her back door. They were clearly going CRAZY, and she was attaching their collars to the long tie out ropes they had in the backyard. Nothing wrong with tying your dogs out, right? WRONG! At least when the tie out reaches the PUBLIC path that runs behind your home and you have GIANT EVIL ATTACK DOGS! The dogs barreled straight over to Mitsy as soon as she let go and began to, no exaggeration, ATTACK! I started SCREAMING "STOP STOP, MAKE THEM GET OFF HER!" I had no clue what to do, do I intervene and get my own hands chewed off, these dogs don't know me from the mailman? Finally, after what felt like FOREVER (but was probably less than a minute) the owner comes over and pulls the dogs off. During the course of the attack, Mitsy had wiggled out of her collar so as soon as the dogs were off her she started running as fast as her short stubby legs could carry her. Fortunately, she ran straight home so she was easy to find. Two or three minutes later, after I got her inside and checked her over for life threatening injuries, I decided to go back to the other dog's home to talk with the owner, make sure the dogs shots were up to date and such before I tried to take Mitsy to the vet. I knocked on that door and rang that door bell for no less than 5 minutes. The woman didn't even have the nerve to come answer the door!
UGH I WAS LIVID! What kind of person is this?!?!? My dog did not so much as growl or bark at your dogs, she wasn't even standing in your yard, and you can't even come to the door and muster up an apology? An "is your dog okay?" Nothing?
I decided to go ahead and call animal control, they came over to get a detailed report and then said they couldn't really do much unless the dogs were repeat offenders. Really? I mean at the very least you would hope they would make her shorten her tie out. Nope. Nothing.
So here I am, home and frustrated that my poor Mitsy is nursing her little battle wounds. Thankfully, she does seem to be fine, albeit very shaken up. Mostly scratches under her coat and on her tummy.
If you think of it, say a little prayer for her that none of them get infected, which would mean another vet visit and antibiotics.
Here's a couple pics I took of my little trooper:
Some of the scratches on her tummy

Curled up in a little ball, looking sad :(

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that she got attacked. You should have come over and we both could have beat on her door till she answered it. Poor thing!! Did she fix the chain I'd hate for one of the kids in the are walking down there and get attacked.

    ReplyDelete