Monday, November 1, 2010

Welcome, Holiday Season!!!

So it's been quite a while since I've blogged, not really becuase I've been too busy but more becuase I've had nothing too exciting to blog about.
Halloween was yesterday (Amazing day, amazing Halloween party, btw, and Benton was the cutest little monkey you could possibly imagine) which means today marks the beginning of the holiday season! I have a few "Happy Harvest" decorations still up until the day after Thanksgiving, but I did swap out my fall wreath for my beautiful new Christmas wreath and took down all the orange and black stuff and will soon be replacing it with greens and reds and silvers and golds! I also switched the alarm clock over to a Christmas station, no more talk radio for the next two months. (Can you tell yet that this is my absolute favorite time of year?) I'm also almost halfway done Christmas shopping! I'm even farther ahead of where I was at this time last year! So, November is starting out pretty amazing.
The only somewhat downside of November 1 today? Chris and I started a new diet. I did Slim4Life 3 years ago just before our wedding and lost a lot of weight. Unfortunatly, my *cough* excellent cooking skills along with our love for eating out has landed Chris and I in a place where we both have some pounds to lose so we are going on the diet again. Our ultimate goals are to get back to the weights we each were at our wedding, however I also have a halfway goal becuase I feel like I have a LONG ways to go! The first two days are lots of protien, green leafy veggies, and 4 oranges a day. I am already craving a huge pizza. It doesn't help that I have all this Halloween candy left from when Benton went trick-or-treating last night and don't know what to do with it.
So here's to a month of big changes. More about them to come later...

No comments:

Post a Comment