Friday, December 31, 2010

For Auld Lang Syne...

Well, my last post of 2010. The end of the year. Bittersweet, isn't it? Or is it just me.
New years eve reminds me that I'm getting older. That all those moments from 2010 are over. That the world is continuing to move forward even when I don't feel ready. Another year with Benton has come and gone, he's getting older and his baby years are slipping away.
But a new year, a fresh start with endless possibilities, brings hope. And I am so excited about what it has to offer. Chris (hopefully starting) his new job. An upcoming visit to our family and friends in MN. I still have hope that our family will reach four by the time 2011 comes to a close. There is a lot to be hopeful for, excited for.
Give a toast tonight and kiss someone you love, and remember all the things you have to be thankful for, for "auld lang syne" (old time's sake, in case you weren't sure what that meant, like me until I researched it)
"And there’s a hand my trusty friend!
And give us a hand o’ thine !
And we’ll take a right goodwill draught,
for auld lang syne!"

No comments:

Post a Comment