Thursday, December 30, 2010

Goodbye palm trees, hello...palm trees???

Well, I finally finished the bathroom makeover. I can't really call it a remodel becuase we didn't change out any fixtures (although I would have liked to).  But, I'm still VERY pleased with how it turned out. Later in the new year I may go ahead and put in a new faucet, towel rack, etc but for now, this is much more suited to Benton's 1 1/2 (or closer to 2? Yikes!) year old tastes.
First, let me remind you how hideous it was before:
Please take note of the awful palm tree border, marks on the white walls, and chipping stain on the cabinets. And now, for the after:

We went with a soft green for the walls, painted the cabient white, and finally bought the curtain and rug I have been eye-ing at Pottery Barn Kids for, literally, months. Now, all I have left to do is buy some new towels and we will be all set. The irony of it all? After loathing and making fun of the palm trees in this bathroom for over a year I finally get rid of them and pick out a new shower curtain with....palm trees. LOL!

1 comment:

  1. It is super cute! I saw that shower curtain in their catalog and loved it also.

    ReplyDelete